The Country Noosa Management Committee gathered for the first meeting of 2017 on Thursday 19th January.
Our mission is clear – to build on the momentum of the last two years and to support the transition of the Noosa Shire and its surrounds to an improved model of sustainable agriculture whilst developing community support for locally grown, ethical food.
This is an ambitious objective driven by a group of core volunteers and we need your help. If you’re a local farmer keen to improve the sustainability of your farm business, or simply interested in supporting local producers and reducing your food miles, we call on you to join Country Noosa Inc at one of our many events planned throughout the year.
We have a number of significant projects already underway, including delivering community and producer engagement for the Keeping It In Kin Kin initiative, strengthening the paddock to plate connection through our involvement with a number of community events and supporting our local producers with a series of technical workshops.
Activities for 2017 include:
- Keeping It In Kin Kin Workshop #4 (25th Feb)
- Melsted Park Farm Walk Friday 3rd March
- Mary Valley Country Harvest Summer School (27th & 28th March)
- Keeping It In Kin Kin Workshop #5 (late March)
- Polyfaces Movie Screening & Producer Showcase (Saturday 22nd April)
- Composting & Soil Health Farm Walk & Open Day (late May)
With all this and much more planned for 2017, now is the time to get involved! Contact email@example.com to learn more.